2022 SALUTE TO THE VETS Parade
saturday, november 12
parade begins at 11:00 am - line up starts at 9:30 am
PARADE PRE-REGISTRATION DUE NOVEMBER 10, 2022
2022 PARADE INFORMATION
Please join us in participating in the 2nd annual Santa Ynez Valley Salute to the Vets. This years' event will be held on Saturday, November 12, 2022 in Santa Ynez, California. The day kicks off with our veterans parade in town and leads back to the Maverick Saloon for the in person event, featuring live music, local veterans programs and services booths, pin-up girl contest, drinks + food, military vehicle display, and more.
1. We would like to pre-register as many entries as possible. It becomes difficult and time consuming to register entries on the day of the parade.
2. Deadline for pre-registration is NOVEMBER 10, 2022. Please mail or email your entry as soon as possible.
3. Parade begins at 11:00 AM and line up starts at 9:30 AM.
4. Parade officials will be located at the corner of Sagunto and Meadowvale the day of the event to assign your entry number. See map below.
5. Parade line up is located on Meadowvale. Please locate your assigned number for position. entries with horses can stage in the lot behind the Elks Lodge.
6. Your support vehicles (vehicles used to support your entry) MAY NOT BE PARKED ON MEADOWVALE ROAD. They can be on the side streets. PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK ANY RESIDENCE DRIVEWAYS.
7. Livestock entries must be responsibly monitored at ALL times. If parade officials feel proper monitoring is not being considered, they may ask your entry to be excused.
8. It is imperative the parade route is followed exactly. It will be marked with road barriers and orange cones. This is not only for the safety of the spectators but for your safety as well. Entries which take short cuts to arrive back at the staging area too early make it difficult to stage the rest of the parade.
9. The route starts at Sagunto and heads up to Edison Street, then right on Edison and right on Manazana back towards Meadowvale.
10. There is to be NO throwing of objects from any entry, for example candy, flags, etc. If parade officials recognize any throwing objects, they will not be invited next year.
See map below for where to meet parade officials the day of the parade:
Contact Kelley Sadecki at 805-432-3911 or email entry questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can mail your entry to P.O. Box 1701, Santa Ynez, CA 93460.
We thank you for your cooperation and look forward to another successful year!